New Harvest Church is theologically committed to the following:
- There is one God, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross and rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of the Father, where He is, the only mediator between God and man. His sacrifice on the cross was a substitute for our own penalty, where he paid for the sins of the world. Some day He will return to earth personally and visibly to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- The Bible is inerrant as originally given, verbally inspired by God and a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and women.
The Scriptures constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Men and women were originally created in the image and likeness of God: they fell through disobedience, incurring both physical and spiritual death.
All men and women are born with a sinful nature and are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. Unbelievers will be separated from God into condemnation, where they will exist forever. Believers will be received into eternal fellowship with God and will be rewarded for works done by the Spirit in this life.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ alone for all men; and those who believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
When God has begun a saving work in the heart of any person, He gives assurance in His Word that He will continue performing it until the day of its full consummation.
- It is the will of God that each Christ-follower should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be made holy.
As a Christian is fully dedicated to the will of God and yields to the Holy Spirit, that person will receive power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience brought about in the life of a believer subsequent to conversion.
- Provision is made in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.
Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and privileges for the Church in this present age.
- Baptism is the privilege of personal faith and commanded by the Lord Jesus as an ordinance signifying one’s faith in Jesus Christ and initiation into the church.
Personal obedience and public testimony will accompany the rite of baptism.
- The church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and are redeemed through His blood.
The Church has been commissioned by Jesus Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for the teaching of His Word, for prayer, fellowship, evangelism, and the observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.